Current Job Listings
School for Startups is a world leader in entrepreneurial training and development. Based in prestige London offices, we have a complex set up covering a multitude of different websites, and we are looking for a web developer who can be effective quickly without too much time spent training. This job description covers the basic requirements of the role. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a broad range of experience and skills including architecting new development, maintaining existing sites, and troubleshooting and fixing issues. This is a brilliant opportunity in a fast moving and entrepreneurial environment working with a great team. This role will require at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience.
• Good Knowledge and experience of WordPress, including Multi-User instances
• Broad Knowledge of current web development languages, including HTML5, PHP, MySQL
• Strong Knowledge of PHP Object Oriented Programming
• Some CSS skills, familiarity with responsive design principals a major plus – Understanding of managing WordPress themes and the WordPress backend environment
• Background of working with code version controls such as Git and SVN
• Able to work within a multiple server configuration including development, staging and production servers
• Ability to troubleshoot problems and apply fixes in a calm and controlled manner
• Understanding of cross-browser compliancy issues Server & Database Administration
• Able to set up and maintain server environments, knowledge of Amazon Web Services including S3 and EC2
• Experienced at monitoring and tuning performance and resolving server issues.
• Knowledge of both Apache and Nginx
• Articulate and able to work closely with sponsors and stakeholders to understand requirements
• Strong organisational skills, structured thinking and development methodology
• Detail-oriented, and comfortable with complexity
• Ability to work quickly and patiently as part of a small team Will keep to deadlines, communicating clearly any changes to this.
If interested, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include samples of projects you have run in the past.
Loan Coordinator / Programme Coordinator
We’re looking for a brilliant Loan Coordinator / Programme Coordinator
School for Startups is a social enterprise that has supported over 30,000 entrepreneurs and startup businesses since 2008 with training and expertise. One of the company’s also delivers a government-backed loan to startup businesses in the UK.
The Loan Coordinator role on the lending programme entails overseeing the whole application process of our startups seeking financial support. This includes pre-application guidance, assessing application quality, monitoring the progress of applications, and providing ongoing general support if the loan is received.
The role requires a strong understanding of the programme’s lending policy and criteria, general knowledge of the steps that startup businesses must take in setting up their business, and the ability to multi-task competing priorities. The role is split between customer service and support as well as an administrative, processing and reporting side. You will have a great deal of autonomy in the role and be able to influence processes and build on best practices in customer service.