Current Job Listings
Seeking a SH*T HOT TACTICAL Marketing Associate to take hold of our Marketing and steer us toward success!
School for Startups is a social purpose company with the targeted mission of helping anyone; anywhere build successful startups through our wide variety of live and online training and support courses.
We’re experiencing an exciting evolution after 6.5 years of operation and are now looking for a gifted tactical marketer, with experience in running online campaigns and promotional events, who can manage multi-channel marketing strategies and campaigns that will enhance the brands and drive revenue. This person will work on all aspects of School for Startups strategic marketing.
The right person for this role will be dynamic, ambitious and versatile, with a minimum of 3 years marketing experience in a role where they can really demonstrate results; they will now be looking for a job where they can care about what they’re selling and shape the marketing independently in a role that can grow with them within a small agile social purpose organisation.
What will the role involve?
Being part of a start up can mean you’re often doing a million things at once but for the most part the role will involve being independently responsible for:
- Delivering targeted and effective marketing plans for all S4S Programmes so that they hit their sign up targets, as well as building brand awareness
- o Delivering end to end email campaigns, including defining and implementing the strategies as well as analysing and reporting on results
- Managing external agencies to help deliver the School for Startups marketing plans
- Identifying and interrogating strong and on brand marketing and partner opportunities and making them happen;
- Working closely with partners to incorporate their needs and building mutually beneficial relationships with them
- Defining clear processes and implementation plans for day-to-day marketing activities (web content, blog content, social media)
- Tracking and analysing results for all marketing activities, and recommending improvements going forward
- Managing the marketing budget, and making recommendations to improve efficiency
- Working closely with the founder and reporting directly into the Directors and providing an informed marketing voice to the management team
- Managing a wide range of marketing channels including: online copy, newsletters, social media, direct email, PPC, print distribution, and promotional events;
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of 3 years’ marketing experience – preferably with experience in email marketing for events (although candidates with more experience looking to change speed or focus, are very welcomed)
- An organisational mastermind, process and strategy driven
- Analytical and business savvy, well networked and driven by the business results
- A brand warden, able to weigh every opportunity against outcomes
- Experience working in a small team or where you have worked independently
- Excellent experience of running targeted email campaigns and digital channels (including Mail Chimp, online content, social media, PPC Advertising, Google analytics and the rest)
- Excellent copy and editing skills
- Experience working with partners and building campaigns;
- Able to both perform marketing wonders on tight budgets and manage £200k+ budget campaign planning and marketing strategy
- A good sense of humour, a great work ethic and a gift for efficiency and organisation
- Able to deal with tight timeframes, competing priorities, and still be able to laugh at the end of the day
You will be able to…
- Demonstrate outstanding project management skills
- Share examples where campaigns or projects you have led really delivered measurable results (an example of a digital campaign is advantageous but not necessary)
- Show evidence of briefing and managing external agencies to deliver great results
- Stand behind your decisions to the company founder and directors and push back when required
What’s in it for you?
- A £20 – 30k salary based on your experience plus cool company perks;
- You’ll work with a healthy dose of autonomy and freedom to shape all company comms
- You will be part of a growing social purpose company that helps change people’s lives, working with a passionate team that have plans to take over the world doing good;
- You will be instrumental in making this small company big, and will have countless opportunities to expand your own skills;
- You will be exposed to a wide range of impressive partners;
- You will work in a beautiful part of central London and get to play with the office dog
How do you apply?
Please submit your CV with covering letter that explains why you’re considering us and why we should consider you to the company to email@example.com
As a small agile company we are able to offer flexible working hours and will work with the right candidate to make ensure a mutually beneficial optimal working relationship. For further information about the company, please look at our website www.schoolforstartups.co.uk
Successful candidates will be invited to interview at our office within four weeks of submitting your application. If you haven’t heard from us in this time, we’re sorry but your application won’t have been successful on this occasion.