Current Job Listings
School for Creative Startups (S4CS) is a new interactive one-year programme that teaches creative entrepreneurs everything they need to know about becoming profitable and viable businesses. This rapidly growing social enterprise is looking for someone who can spearhead and manage this new programme in a new home.
What will the role involve?
Being part of a startup can mean you’re often doing a million things at once but for the most part the role will involve:
• Being very familiar with the S4CS teaching and support methodology
• Managing the student application process which includes reviewing applications, interviewing students, and selecting students with the most potential
• Implement the overall programme schedule, educators and advisors
• Manage events associated with the programme
• Manage, support, advise, and believe in 100 aspiring entrepreneurs (this means understanding their businesses and helping them reach their goals)
• Manage and develop relationships with the advisory network of industry experts and key contacts and partners
• Liaise with sponsors, local government and external agencies as required
• Work with a team to produce the annual Makegood Festival event
• Manage the budget
• Having a solid handle of student progress and identifying PR opportunities
• Contribute to content to a range of marketing collateral
• Work both autonomously and as part of a team
• Manage a small staff
What sort of background or skills will you have?
First and foremost you are someone that has a good understanding of creative business entrepreneurships and can demonstrate this
• You have a killer sense of humor (because it’s essential to any startup lifestyle)
• You are business savvy and know how to review and analyze business plans
• You have startup or small company experience and you like it
• You are a strong project manager with events experience
• You know how to motivate and encourage people
• You have more than your fair share of patience
• You can multitask and time manage like a superstar
• You are able to work with speakers, investors, students, industry experts, and know how they all fit together
• You are able to work with creative people and see their potential (even on bad days)
• You can deal with stress, tight timeframes, competing priorities and deliver magic
• You care deeply about what you do
• You are keen to learn new things and grow within the organization
• You have a good local contact base
• You drive or have a masterful understanding of the local transport system
What’s in it for you?
• You will be part of a social enterprise, doing good, while doing well
• This is the company’s flagship programme and you will play a pivotal role in continuing to enhance and grow it
• You’ll play an integral role in the development the local area’s most interesting rising star startups before they become house hold names
• You will have variety – no day will be the same!
• You will never ever clock watch, the day is over before you know it
• You will work with a small group of passionate individuals that have plans to take over the world, doing good, one programme at a time!
• You will work with a good deal of autonomy
• Other people will be hugely impressed with what you do at parties
If interested, please submit your CV to email@example.com and include samples of projects you have run in the past.
School for Startups is a world leader in entrepreneurial training and development. Based in prestige London offices, we have a complex set up covering a multitude of different websites, and we are looking for a web developer who can be effective quickly without too much time spent training. This job description covers the basic requirements of the role. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a broad range of experience and skills including architecting new development, maintaining existing sites, and troubleshooting and fixing issues. This is a brilliant opportunity in a fast moving and entrepreneurial environment working with a great team. This role will require at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience.
• Good Knowledge and experience of WordPress, including Multi-User instances
• Broad Knowledge of current web development languages, including HTML5, PHP, MySQL
• Strong Knowledge of PHP Object Oriented Programming
• Some CSS skills, familiarity with responsive design principals a major plus – Understanding of managing WordPress themes and the WordPress backend environment
• Background of working with code version controls such as Git and SVN
• Able to work within a multiple server configuration including development, staging and production servers
• Ability to troubleshoot problems and apply fixes in a calm and controlled manner
• Understanding of cross-browser compliancy issues Server & Database Administration
• Able to set up and maintain server environments, knowledge of Amazon Web Services including S3 and EC2
• Experienced at monitoring and tuning performance and resolving server issues.
• Knowledge of both Apache and Nginx
• Articulate and able to work closely with sponsors and stakeholders to understand requirements
• Strong organisational skills, structured thinking and development methodology
• Detail-oriented, and comfortable with complexity
• Ability to work quickly and patiently as part of a small team Will keep to deadlines, communicating clearly any changes to this.
PROGRAMME ASSISTANT – SHEFFIELD
£13.90 plus holiday pay = £15.57 per hour
Flexible – average approx 22 hrs per week
Temporary until 31 July 2015
The Sheffield College
Founded by serial entrepreneur Doug Richard, School for Startups is a world leader in delivering targeted programmes that teach entrepreneurs how to start and run better businesses. School for Creative Startups (S4CS) is an interactive one-year programme that teaches creative entrepreneurs everything they need to know about becoming an operating and viable business.
S4CS and The Sheffield College are working together to help creative people start and grow their own businesses in the local community and amongst the student population. We have complementary strengths and are looking to combine our efforts to deliver an ongoing sustainable program located at the Sheffield College utilizing School for Startups’ programmes and expertise and the Colleges facilities, infrastructure and skills.
The Sheffield College is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, high acheiveing individual to support and work closely with the S4CS Programme Manager in the first year. This will require the ideal candidate to have, unparalleled customer service and communication skills, have awesome project coordination and process development skills and enthusiasm to learn more!
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday, 4th August 2014
Interviews: Tuesday, 12th August 2014